Senior Backend Developer
We’re seeking a Senior Backend Developer with a PHP background, and at least three years commercial experience.
We want someone who loves a challenge, is keen to make a difference, loves good code and has the skills to deliver.
Farrows is a brand focused creative agency, delivering integrated on and offline projects. We work with a diverse range of clients including Kettle Chips, Rolls-Royce, World Land Trust and Gemserv. Through this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a close-knit, passionate and creative development team striving to lead and excite.
We are on the lookout for exciting talent who are ambitious and want to push boundaries in writing code which provides users with awe-inspiring experiences. We’re here to push the envelope and not conform, you will be tasked with delivering the exceptional on time and on budget.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a high level of bug free code
- Peer reviewing other members of the development team code
- Server management via the command line and Plesk
- Creation of bespoke WordPress themes
- Creation of bespoke WordPress plugins
- Pushing the development team forward technically
- Investigating alternative tools for site creation and management
Technical Skills required:
- High level of proficiency in PHP and MySQL
- Experienced in a variety of PHP content management systems and frameworks.
- Understanding of the MVC design pattern
- Proficiency with REST & SOAP APIs
- Understanding of Git
- Experience with Plesk
- Experience with package managers such as Composer and NPM
- Proficiency in CSS and HTML
- Experience with CSS pre-processors
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Magento 2
- A competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- A highly experienced, award-winning team to work with and learn from
- The opportunity to work with high profile national brands
- A social, nurturing work environment
- Opportunities for training and development
- Company shutdown over Christmas
To apply for the role, please email your CV to [email protected]